Accessing RBS from SF Web Application ...

Author
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)StrataFrame User (176 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hey all:

Does anyone know if it is possible to access Role Based Security from an SF Web Application?

I have a situation where I'm using a DevEx Calendar and I have to be able to check whether or not a particular user was granted authorization to delete an appointment.

Thanks,

C. T. Blankenship

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Yes, you can access the SFS system from a web application.  Everything works the same except for the SecurityBasics.CurrentUser property, which uses a session variable to store the current user.  So, when you authenticate the user, it will get stored into the CurrentUser property, and you can check the permissions on it.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...