missing prerequisites

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am trying to install SF with VS2015, the installer is angry and wont let me pass go because I don't have an older version installed. Do I really need to install an old version (2005-2013) just to install SF?

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Actually, Edhy Rijo just created a new setup program for SFv1 that can install without VS installed.  You can then use the posted VSIX in the Posted Releases page to install the package for VS 2015 and VS 2017.  I will contact him and see if I can locate that setup file.

Also, I haven't seen you request a trial license for the SFv2 Alpha, yet.  It's there if you want to play with it.

Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Keith,

Please go to this thread http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic33478.aspx to download my custom SFv1 setup and let me know if that works for you.

Please read the readme in the post or the setup.

Edhy Rijo

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Both items are SO GREAT thank you.

Do you suggest paying with v2.0 Alpha on a separate machine from production development? or it it OK side by side with current production?

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
It's completely independent.  Running it on a production machine is fine.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Keith,

I played with the new SF Entities a bit with my production projects and did some interesting test loading data in a DevExpress grid with impressive results.

One of the beauty of SFv2 is that you can use it with SFv1 with no conflicts. I am currently in the process of learning more about Linq language to take full advantage of SFE (StrataFrame Entities), so go for it, so we can keep Ben busy BigGrin

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Edhy, have you found any good source info for Linq and VB or are you using C?
TIA.
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi,
I am still using VB.NET, I know a bit of C# but haven't had the need to fully embrace it, I know when start doing mobile stuff I will have to get more into C#.

For Linq, I am taking a curse at PluralSight from Deborah Kurata "Practical LINQ", it is in C# but still is understandable.  I love the way she writes hers books and the videos from PluralSight are of excellent quality.  If I find something in VB I will let you know.

Edhy Rijo

Buffie
Buffie
StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)StrataFrame User (263 reputation)
Thanks Edhy for the info on PluralSight. I will definitely look into Deborah Videos.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...