Shared Management Objects or SMO

Author
Buffie
StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)StrataFrame User (195 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I have a new machine I built with a Razen7 1800X. It is a wonderful machine but I could not get SMO to install for the life of me. I tried it through installing SqlExpress 2014 and I tried it with the msi that Edhy sent me and then thought it was maybe the chip. But, after long hours and no real solution in sight I tried one more thing. I went to Microsoft and downloaded the SMO msi that they said was specifically for Sql Express 2014.
Bingo. Not sure why it did not install when I installed Sql Express 2014 by itself.
So far no other issues. SFV1, VS2017, SQLEX2014 all installed and working.
FYI
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (2.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Terry,

Glad it worked out for you and thanks for the tip!

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...