DDT and Database Creation

Author
Clayton Hoyt
StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Folks

I have the DDT up and running and have the package setup just like I want (i.e. PK and FK structure correct, all sprocs set to be created, etc). When I run the package, it runs without error but the last step deletes the database it created at the beginning. I tried creating the database before running the package. This caused an error at the top of the package (when it tried to delete the database) but still deleted it at the end.

I have used the DDT without problem in the past and have no idea what I'm doing wrong.

Thanks

Clay

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Most likely, you have a history record in your profile that is a deleted database record.  If you remove a database from the profile, then the DDT adds a delete history record to the history so that if it sees that database in the field, it knows to delete it.  But, if you then re-add the database, the DDT doesn't now to delete the delete history record, so when you run, it deletes your database immediately after it creates it.
Clayton Hoyt
Clayton Hoyt
StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (46 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Cool...I deleted the history and off it went!

Thanks much.

Clay

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Not a problem Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...