Deployment Issue - I must be missing something...

Author
Tim Dol
StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I am testing out the DDT to see if it will work in my environment. I created a test profile with one database and a two tables.

I have successfully deployed the structures to the server.  Then I went back and made some table changes and deployed once again and everything works as expected.

Looking forward I see a deployment problem in my environment, in that many of my customers have multiple companies.  Each company has a separate database with unique database names but the table structures are the same, so I will need to run the deployment for each database. 

I can't seem to find any documentation on how to deploy my package to alternate database names.  It always uses the database name I used in the DDT.

Is this possible? 

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Is this possible? 

Not at the moment...but this is something that has been requested more than once.

Tim Dol
Tim Dol
StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)StrataFrame User (398 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Trent...I was hoping for one of your magical work arounds BigGrin

Any chance it will end up on the enhancement list for next release?  I've spend a lot of time in the DDT, importing my database, building relationships and so forth... and now I want to take advantage of the deployment aspect.  

Thanks

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, this is not entirely up to me.  I cannot say for sure if it will be there or not.  But as soon as I know I will make sure that you know BigGrin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...