Object Mapper and Custom Field Descriptions

Author
Clayton Hoyt
StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (44 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
In the Object Browser, it would be excellent to have the option to set the Description of a field. The only way that I have found to add a customized description to a field property is to modify the Designer.vb directly. This works fine but all of your work is lost the next time the Object mapper is run. I found that I could also add custom code to every field but that is more work and I'm way lazy! BigGrin

It would also be helpful to have a combo-box of common Null Alternatives (String.Empty, Nothing, 0, False) so it doesn't have to be typed in each time unless the value is unusual.

Thanks!

Clay

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Clay,

Yes, that has been an enhancement request, as well as the ability to rename fields (database column is "cust_fname" and the property created is "FirstName"). It's in the works Smile
Bradley Marston
Bradley Marston
StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (36 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I was just wondering if this was ever completed. Also is there a way when one marks

a field as required to change the message that is displayed when the rule is broken

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The property to change the required fields message is on the Form.  It's called ErrorProviderRequiredFieldDesc, I think.  There should also be an ErrorProviderRequiredFieldDescKey property if you want to pull it from localization. 

As for the renaming of the field, there ended up being problems with the .Item property used within the business object, because we couldn't store off the name of the DataColumn behind the property.  So, if you need to rename one of your fields, you have to do it by customizing the field and having the property use custom code.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...