Error When Click on ViewSecurityKey....

Author
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You cannot rely on the assembly version, but you have to verify the file version.  We have left the assembly version at 1.6.0.0 for the last 3 releases and only changed the file version because it reduced the amount of update bandwidth.  So you will need to first verify the assembly versions in the c:\program files\common files\microfour\strataframe folder and then if they are correct, remove the assemblies from the GAC and drag the assemblies from the Common Files folder into the GAC and then try again.  But if they are not 1.6.6 on the file version, then there is your answer.
Doug Zapp
Doug Zapp
StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Dustin,

All the MicroFour dll's have a 1.6.6.0 version with the following 2 exceptions; MicroFour License Base.dll is version 1.6.0.0 and MicroFour License.dll is version 1.0.0.0. I have 2 copies of all MicroFour dll's which are located (1 copy in each folder) in Program Files\Common Files\MicroFour\StrataFrame and Program Files\MicroFour\StataFrame\Assemblies

In the GAC, I have the entries for the 2 dll's you mention, but the major difference in the GAC is that all MicroFour dll's are listed with a version of 1.6.0.0. Also, I have 2 entries for the MicroFour License Base, each having a different Public Key Token.

Other ideas?
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Doug,

Also since you have been trying a lot of things, try re-installing the .NET 2.0 Framework.  I had a different weird issue a while back with the BOM, and it turned out to be something was corrupted with the .NET 2.0 framework.

It will not hurt you to re-install it. Cool

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (488 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I was able to mount that database, set it as my Database Connection in visual studio, and get into solution preferences without issue. So, assuming that this was the "broken" database and not the "clean" one, then it looks like the issue isn't the database, and instead is most likely an assembly issue. Make sure that your MicroFour StrataFrame AddIns.dll and MicroFour StrataFrame Extensibility.dll assemblies are present in the GAC and are hte proper version, and do a search on your machine to ensure there isn't a different version sitting out there that visual studio might be grabbing instead.
Doug Zapp
Doug Zapp
StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (51 reputation)
Take 2.
Attachments
StrataFrame.rar (133 views, 309.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Doug, you have to include the log file as well (ldf) in order for us to get this re-attached.  Thanks.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
BTW, Cowboys over the Deadskins.

That'll always win you some points with me BigGrin

Doug Zapp
Doug Zapp
As requested, here you go. Also attached is a screenshot of the GAC assembly.

I'm not trying to place any blame here. I feel I'm following the instructions to a tee. I'm just following the leads I pick on that I'd follow.

BTW, Cowboys over the Deadskins.
Attachments
StrataFrame.rar (148 views, 196.00 KB)
GAC.jpg (154 views, 162.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Doug...I am very familiar with this code (I wrote it)....and I am also very confident as to what causes this error.  Instead of going back and forth, do as I mentioned in an earlier post...attach your strataframe.mdf file here, we will update it for you and then either tell you how to fix it on your side or send you the fixed mdf.  The only other cause could be assemblies that are not up to date (which in this case it would be the addins or extensibility assemblies).  Make sure that you have only a single instance of them in the GAC and the latest.  But give us your database first and we will prove that the database is not the problem.  Thanks.
Doug Zapp
Doug Zapp
2 things Trent. First, I tried what you stated and I'm still having the same issues; can't open the Solution Preferences and I can't set the ViewSecurityKey on a form.

Second, and this goes back to my last post. The error message I receive when I attempt to set the ViewSecurityKey for a form is explicitly stating that it is having a conversion issue when converting a text data type to an nvarchar.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...