Error during deployment

Author
Derrick Bell
StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I received an error during my initial deployment. I don't know if it's significant.

Please advise.

Derrick

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I cannot see the errors.  You can attach the image as an attachment.  But bascially, when you see errors like this, it is because something in the deployment package does not adhere to the SQL Server rules.  One very common cause that people run into in the beginning is having a table with data in it and then not providing a default value (or allow null) for a new field.

But I will have to see the error in order to give any better advice.

Derrick Bell
Derrick Bell
StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (33 reputation)
Hmm the database is empty. And now is dropped due to the deployment process. I'm in SQLServer 2005 Express.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Look in your History...is there a delete of the database? This is another common "oops".  Is so, remove the deletion record or clear your history.
Derrick Bell
Derrick Bell
Fix it.. the keys in one of my tables where wrong. Just the error really didnt seem to tell me.
Derrick Bell
Derrick Bell
However the deployment then drops the database... Guess there is a setting. Looking now
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Look at my previous post....I am willing to bet that you deleted a database then added that same database name bak into the DDT.  This will have a history record of a delete of the database with that name.

So in this example, if I when and created another database named "appt", it will delete that database during the deployment after it has already been created.  Remove this line from the history and you will be good to go.

Derrick Bell
Derrick Bell
Yes I did delete the database in my history. I deleted the individual row I saw in history where I deleted the database, then rebuilt the package and now it worked. Cool
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Good deal!
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...