Overview for a newb

Author
David Farrell-Garcia
StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Here is what I want to do:

1.  Deploy my application with both a sample database and an empty database

2.  Allow user to create new databases based on the structure of the the deployed database.

I have created a DDT profile and imported a database that I already had in SQLExpress. I used the "Import Database" feature.  I figured this would import that metadata but found that it also imported all the records. The help file mentioned that it imported the structure but did not mention that it also imported the records. Did I miss an option?  I suppose that i could use that as my sample database. 

Deployment:  How do I deploy both this sample database (with all datas records) as well as allow the end-user to create one or more databases based on the structure of the sample database?  I will be using InstallAWare to create the install script.  Do I deploy the sample database to the database server via my install script and then let the user open that sample company or create a new company based on that metadata?  Or can the end-user deploy both the sample data asnd create database via a StrataFrame dialog included in my applicaition using the DDT Deployment package? 

Sorry for all the basic questions. I know some of these may be answered here already but i need a step by step deployment guide all in one place to get me started.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...