Views

Author
Daniel Essin
StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)StrataFrame User (235 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
How about providing a way to import existing views and stored procedures into the Toolkit (or is this already possible and I just don't know how it works)?

Thanks,

Dan
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
No, the functionality does not currently exist to import Views and Stored Procedures. There are plans to add this additional functionality to the Database Deployment Toolkit, but the plans are not on the immediate horizon.
James Moore
James Moore
StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (6 reputation)
Ben,

I noticed this post was almost a year ago.  I'm new to the DDT and am not aware of all of the features of this latest version.  Does the DDT support views, FK constraints, triggers, functions and stored procedures?

Thanks,

James Moore

Builder Software Solutions

James Moore
Software Developer
Ministry Tracking Software, Inc.
http://www.youthtrack.com

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
The DDT supports views, indexed views, foreign keys, auto-stored procedures (for CRUD stuff and wrappers for the CLR stored procedures in assemblies), and manual stored procedures.  Triggers and UDFs are not currently supported through the DDT.  As for the import process, only tables and indexes are imported to give you a starting point for bringing data into the DDT; the rest of the stuff has to be added by hand.
Dan Neuman
Dan Neuman
StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (1 reputation)
Ben,

I imagine by "foreign keys" do you mean via constraints or triggers?

For the Triggers and UDFs, if we put those into a SQL Script, is there a document somewhere that can explain to us how to run those in a post-update process?

Lastly, I remember from the Amarillo class, that the entire DDT is stored in SQL Server.  Is the database documented somewhere enough to allow us to figure out how to "import" the remaining items rather than entering them by hand?

Or, is someone working on a "xCase" synchronization add-in tool?

Dan Neuman

StrataFrame Team
S
Foreign keys are handled through constraints.

I'm not sure we have any documentation on how to deploy additional scripts after the deployment process.  You cannot do it directly through the "Deploy to Server" button in the DDT, but if you use the MicroFour StrataFrame DBEngine DLL (the one tht deploys DDT packages programmatically), you can programmatically execute the script as soon as the deployment process has completed.

As for the documentation on the DDT table structures, there isn't any... mainly because we don't release the source code for the DDT.  However, the names are very straightforward and if you have any questions regarding the table structure and what pieces are requied where, I'm sure I can answer them.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...