Compound keys in DDT

Author
Jaco Van Der Laan
StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (3 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi there,

I am currently evaluating the StrataFrame/DDT (great product so far..!) and I cannot find out how to enter relationships which are based on compound keys.

I am used to working the xCase (www.xcase.com) as a data modelling tool, and am currently converting the xCase model to the DDT.

I can find a reference to this subject on the forum, but I cannot find the How-To in the Help file or on the Forum. Am I missing something here?

Kind regards,

Jaco van der Laan
Consilium CRM Solutions'
Rotterdam - The Netherlands
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The DDT does not currently allow you to define relationships based upon compound keys... one field in each table is all that can be selected.  The business objects within the App Framework allow you to define a relationship based upon multiple fields; however the DDT doesn't support it right now.  Sorry... The closest you can get right now is defining a separate relationship for each field that matches the field in the opposing table.  So a compound key with 3 fields would require 3 relationships...
Rogerio Mauri
Rogerio Mauri
StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)StrataFrame User (301 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
The DDT will be modified to contemplate composed keys?

Rogério Mauri Smile

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Yes, the ability to support compound relationships is a pending enhancement request, but it has not been completed, and is not scheduled to be released in 1.6.1 (the next release).
Michael Reese
Michael Reese
StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)StrataFrame User (387 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
When will 1.6.1 be released and what are the planned new features? Is there a link to review this?

Thanks

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
We are planning on releasing 1.6.1 next week.  There are a lot of changes, including changes to the DDT, 64-bit install support, BrowseDialog, new UI controls, threading controls, etc.  This will all be detailed in the docs that are released with 1.6.1.  Immediately after the release of 1.6.1 we will be making enhancements such as triggers for the DDT and be releasing these changes in shorter cycles.

We will be making a post later today or tomorrow stating some of those changes to come and get SF users perspectives on the order.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...