Database Deployment Activation Error

Author
choyt
StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi Folks

I'm having the same problem with activtating my DDT as I was about a month ago but the last time, my network adapter seemed to be the problem. This time, I'm not sure what has happened.

1. My Activation Client says Activated: Yes / Network Adapter: Unknown
  2. I have 3 network adapters (wired, wireless and 1394) all of which are connected and have not changed.
  3. I activated using the DLL. (does that make a difference)?
  4. I went online and saw that my old laptop was still activated so I deactivated it (I'm thinking that this is the root of the problem)
  5. The error I get when I open the DDT is Feature Not Purchased
  6. When I try to Deactivate using the Activation client (its the only option I'm given) I get Activation Error !! Exception: Unknown Adapter...yada yada...

I'm stuck but have a critical need for this to work very soon. What are my options?

Thanks

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You should be able to go to the C:\Windows\assembly folder and delete the MicroFour License file that's out there (not the MicroFour StrataFrame License file).  It will ask you if you're sure you want to remove it from the GAC, just tell it "Yes."  After that, you can re-run the activation client and re-activate.
choyt
choyt
StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (80 reputation)
Hi Ben

No go. I get an error telling me that it cannot be uninstalled because it is required by other applications. I tried rebooting but tht didn't resolve the issue.

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
RegEdit Warning: This post contains information about how to modify the registry. Make sure to back up the registry before you modify it. Make sure that you know how to restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up, restore, and modify the registry, Microsoft Knowledge Base article 256986.

OK, with that out of the way... you have to remove the install reference for the MicroFour License DLL before it will let you delete it: 

Browse to

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Fusion\References\MicroFour License, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=4a99020e74365197, processorArchitecture=MSIL

with RegEdit.exe.  Once you're there, delete the GUID key that's below that key.  Should be either {2EC93463-B0C3-45E1-8364-327E96AEA856} or {B02F9D65-FB77-4F7A-AFA5-B391309F11C9}.  Once it's deleted, you can go to the C:\Windows\Assembly folder and delete the DLL and re-run the activation client. 

We added that stupid install reference in some of the versions of the Activation Client, but we've since removed it since you end up with the same problem you're having now... .NET thinks something is dependent upon it and it won't let you remove it.

choyt
choyt
Hi Ben

Ok...just FYI...I got the registry key deleted and the Assembly removed. I then reactivated using the DLL I have but it still told me that the DDT had to be purchased.

I repeated the procedure (carefully removing the registry key as not to upset the balance of nature) and used my Email Address / Password to register. This did the trick.

Thanks!

StrataFrame Team
S
Chances are the manual DLL that you have is linked to the wrong MAC address... maybe one on your laptop?  I'm glad you got it working and that the balance of nature is no longer in jeopardy.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...