Listview problem setting populationdatasourcesetting

Author
Herman verschooten
StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

When I add a listview to my webpage, I can initially open the PopulationDataSourceSetting, select my business object, method, fields, etc... But when I later on try to make a change to this the form pops open, closes immediately and I get a Searching for Business Objects, Please wait.... form that does not go away without close VS2005.

Herman

Herman verschooten
Herman verschooten
StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)
When I clear out the populationdatasourcesetting and then press the ... the form works again, even though the searching form is still there.

Herman

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I'll take a look at the problem... when TypeEditors throw an exeption, VS does not let them close gracefully (many times even when the exception is caught). I'll see what I can do about it.
GRocchi
GRocchi
StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)
Hi guys,

this still happens in the WebSample app in version 1.6.6.

The population window apeears for a second, the first field is filled with "Customers" (the only BO defined) and the window suddendly disappears leaving the "Seracging for bo..." window on the screen.

I also tried to clear the properties but the problem persists.

Any idea?

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo Rocchi

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
The issue that Ben was talking about here is different than you are facing.  You may be having the very same appearance, but more than likely the error is different.  It is basically impossible to plug every possible error that may come up in the DTE for the reason that Ben explained in this post.

I took the sample just now and made sure that it came up and worked as it should. 

(I attached this same image so you can see it in full size).  So the issue here is that your StrataFrame assemblies are either out of sync (which is the most likley) or not properly installed.

Open you GAC and make sure that all of the StrataFrame assemblies are there:

Next, go into VS and click StrataFrame -> Version.  Make sure that they all match.  Mine don't because I am running a hybrid installation (which you will not be).  Also, I am running on the most recent SF beta (1.6.6.2), which you may just be running the 1.6.6 build (which is fine).

It is going to be something along these lines.

Attachments
ListViewEditor.png (122 views, 133.00 KB)
GRocchi
GRocchi
StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (20 reputation)
Hi Taylor,
I did verify and the results are attached. None of the versions appear to be wrong.
The problem happens on two different pcs, both updated to 1.6.6.

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo Rocchi

Attachments
GAC.gif (134 views, 31.00 KB)
Version.gif (141 views, 20.00 KB)
GRocchi
GRocchi
Hi again,
I was attached to an old version of the Strataframe database. Upgrading the db solved the problem.
Sorry for posting a non pertinent question, as if the resulting behavior appeared very similar to the one desrcibed in this topic.

Gianpaolo

Gianpaolo Rocchi

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
I figured it was something along those lines.  Glad you got it going. Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...