Forum RSS Enhancement

Author
Chris Crabtree
StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (57 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
...is there a setting that will feed not only the original topic, but also the responses?

What happens is that I get over RSS that someone posted an interesting question that would apply to me, and...that's it. So I'm left hanging without knowing what the responses were. :-(

Now, there is a link to the 'original post' or something like that where I can see all that, but that's less than convenient, especially in my case where I'm usually viewing RSS feeds on my mobile phone.

More importantly, not having the responses in the feed means that only the original posts are searchable from within the RSS reader. So if I'm searching across all my feeds in my desktop RSS aggregator for something to do with, say, SQLConnection timeouts, then I'm missing half the discussion from the SF forums. Which is a shame due to the high quality. :-)

Thanks!

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Unfortunately, the forum was a packaged product, not something we developed.  It does not have a feature to provide a complete RSS feed for a single forum.  The forum RSS feed will only show the original post within each topic.  There are also additional RSS feeds for each topic, so all of the posts within a topic will show up within the topic's RSS feed.  So, if there is a way, within your RSS reader to automatically subscribe to a new feed when a new message comes in on the main feed, then you can set it up to automatically subscribe to the topic feeds when a message is posted to the main RSS feed.  Other than that, I don't know what to tell you.
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Did anyone ever find a better way to stay "up to date" with the RSS feeds for this forum?

Keith Chisarik
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I subscribe to the forums and receive emails for each new post versus using RSS....but I will let some other people answer as I know many of them use RSS feeds...I would be curious to know what they are using as well!  Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...