ES Sample strange behavior

Author
Ben Hayat
StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Ok, I just got installing the new version and I'm running the sample console program. I run the ES sample program and I can switch between local and remote.

But, let's say I'm in local and I edit a record and save it. Then If I switch to either mode, I see the same record with the same edited data. However, if I exit out completely and then start the program with another mode, it will then show the correct data.

So, somehow the data that gets cached on the computer, does not get clear when switching mode while in the program.

..ßen
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
No the data is not cached....when you swap back and forth we automatically pull the top 10 records again.  If you go in and do a browse and swap you will see that the data is not cached.

Open up the browse, type "smi" in the last name and do a search.  You will see how fast the data comes across.  Then to prove my point, swap back to local and you will see Gustov back in the window (unless you have deleted or changed this record).  We just automatically pull 10 records back when you swap to show the performance.

Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)StrataFrame User (412 reputation)
Trent, I'm not talking about search, I'm saying when I switch between the two modes, on the same record, it shows the same data.

Here how to replicate it. Go to the program, select remote. On the first record, change the middle name to "Remote", save. Now switch to local, and you see the same record with middle name showing "Remote".

Maybe others can try from different locations and see what results they're getting!

..ßen
Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
Ok, I've been testing more and I can duplicate the problem now. Note: Don't use the browse!

a) Start with remote and when you are on the first record, change a field and then save.

b) Now switch to Local and look at that same first record and you'll see the same value that you saved in remote. Even if you click on the "Next Record" navigation button and then come back to the first, you still see the same data.

c) Now exit out completely and next time select local mode and look at the first record and you will not see the same value.!

Are we seeing the same thing Trent?

..ßen
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...