Enhancement Ideas

Author
Ben Kim
StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hello all,

When playing with different schemas, for example I have imported an existing database of 540 tables, defined the field descriptions (ok a lot but not all of them!), I wanted to copy the "master" to a copy so I could add items such as Security to test.

I have a couple enhancement ideas for the DDT:

1. Add a Remove Profile option (after done playing with schema, remove DDT Profile)
2. Add a Copy Profile option (copy a master profile to a test profile)
3. Give access to the Messaging, Localization and Security tables (Supply SQL Scripts for 2000 and 2005) so this way if I want to add them to ANY database that might not be in the DDT, I can run a script to create them.

Thanks!

Ben

Ben Kim
Ben Kim
StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (99 reputation)
Sorry - just found the Delete Profile option but no Copy option BigGrin
Ben Kim
Ben Kim
I found the script (via documentation download link) for SQL 2005 to create the security tables but not for SQL 2000.  Can I please have the scripts for SQL 2000 for the security tables, messaging and localization?  The vast majority of our clients use SQL 2000
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
As for the copying of a profile, you can package the profile up (export it to a *.pkg file), create a new profile, and re-import the profile back into the new profile... just a workaround for now.

As for the SQL Server 2000 script for security tables: we don't have one because the role-based security does not officially support SQL Server 2000.  The reason for this is that we are finishing up the auditing (which will be part of role-based security) and the auditing will make extensive use of XML columns to store different types of data within the same tables of the database.  So, since XML data types are not supported by SQL Server 2000, the security has not been configured to work with SQL Server 2000. 

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...