ES Documentation

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

Looking at the SF help file, I find that it doesn’t really contain any information installing ES or configuring an application to use it. I’ve got as far as installing the ES server on at test machine and activating a development license. However when I go to download the license file, I receive an error (see attached). Is there some more detailed documentation of ES?

-Larry

Attachments
ActivationError.png (225 views, 27.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Larry,

We had reposted some changes to the website and a DLL was missing which generated the error that you encountered when downloading your license file.  You should now be able to get back out there without any issue...sorry for the trouble Blush

As for the help documentation, there is actually quite a bit there in the 1.6 help docs.  Do you not have these help topics?

The topic labeled "Step5: Configure the Client Data Source item" shows how to implement the EnterpriseDataSourceItem on the client side.  You can also look at the ES sample that comes with the framework to see how it is plumbed in.

Please let me know if for some reason you are missing the help topics shown above or if you have any other questions.  Thanks!

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation

BlushMy mistake! I don’t know how I overlooked that section. One of these days I’ll learn how to read.

-Larry
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Hehe, no problem, Larry, you can use the excuse that since the CHM viewer uses IE, IE cached the TOC somehow, and they weren't visible until you Ctrl-Refreshed it Wink
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
I will save your last post for future use... Tongue
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...