Deploying sample data

Author
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I want to pre-populate some tables when I publish the database to my customer, much like you guys do with the SF sample databases. How can I accomplish this? I tried to create a new deployment package and it seemed OK until I tried to deploy it, error was looking for a .bin file it couldn't find.

Also, I have deployed a few SF apps to client sites now, and since I only have to modify infrequently, I have been installing DDT to a box on site and publishing the database that way, I am 99% sure that insn't what you guy envisioned, how should I be doing it?

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
If the deployment is looking for the .bin file and it's not included, then most likely there's a problem there... probably not what you're doing.  The .bin files only get included when you add Deployment Data packages to your profile.  As for deploying the databases, you can do it however you see fit.  We provided the API through the MicroFour StrataFrame DBEngine.dll for you to programmatically deploy a package file through the a custom action within your install.  However, if you have a centralized database, or you have access to your customers' database servers, then you can easily keep doing what you have been doing and deploy the database from your machine that's running the DDT.  It all depends upon your personal preference and your setup scenario.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...