Updating table with identity field

Author
softaca
StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

In the process of migrating my database update systeem to the strataframe system, i've made several definition errors. A few of them were PK fields with identity specification where there should not be a identity specification. So i made the corrections in the DDT and generated a new deployment package. When i applied the package to my test server i found out that the identity specification stills exsist!!! Is this a bug or do i do something wrong?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This is already a known issue and is slated to be in the next update.  The problem is that you are trying to make an existing field have an identity after it has already been created.  If the table was deployed clean the first time it would work.  This is already known and a fix is in the works.  To work around, you can open up the SQL Management Studio and set the identity on the database that already exists.
softaca
softaca
StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (8 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks for the very quick reply. I already applied the workaround as you mentioned but thought to mention it anyhow, because if this happended in a life situation the problem would have been bigger. Any idea when the fix will be available?
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
We are hoping to have it included in the 1.6.1 update. 
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...