Need some help with DDT

Author
Ben Hayat
Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
INFO:

a) I have SQL 2005 and SQLExpress running on the same machine.

b) However, through services, I just stopped SQLExpress running try to isolate the problem.

c) If I go to DDT and look at the local connection, "StrataFrame Data Store" that has connection with StartaFrame database.

d) I can create profile and database and tables with no problems.

However, my problems starts as following:

a) I went to "SQL Management Studio) and created a new database "MyDatabase", since I couldn't create a new database in DDT.

b) In DDT, I create a new connection with different name (than "StrataFrame DataStore") to connect to "MyDatabase". and as soon as I try to create new profile, I get error:

SqlException   Invalid object name 'dbo.DBEProfile'.

Source : .Net SqlClient Data Provider

c) If I use "StrataFrame Data Store" connection name with a different database name (MyDatabase), I can open/create a profile and tables. However, If I go to "MyDatabase" with SQL Management Studio, no tables are created. In fact I don't know where the tables are created.

Question:

a) Isn't DDT a replacement for SQL Management Studio to create my tables?

b) What am I doing wrong that I can't freely switch between connections? Like in VS and create tables in "MyDatabase" Database?

Thanks!

..ßen
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Ben Hayat - 17 Years Ago
Ben Hayat - 17 Years Ago
Greg McGuffey - 17 Years Ago
Ben Hayat - 17 Years Ago
                     [quote]
Ok, it's getting a bit more clear. So, every time any...
Greg McGuffey - 17 Years Ago
                         Thanks Greg; I still need to get a grip on the "String Connection",...
Ben Hayat - 17 Years Ago
                             Yes, we will definitely be going over setting the connection strings...
StrataFrame Team - 17 Years Ago
                                 Hi Ben; Thanks for the reply and also keeping the suggestions into...
Ben Hayat - 17 Years Ago
                                     [quote]Is it possible when a table is changed/added in DDT, it...
Trent L. Taylor - 17 Years Ago
                                         Thanks Trent;

I do have a couple of alternative...
Ben Hayat - 17 Years Ago