What's the best way to view relationships in DDT

Author
Ben Hayat
Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
What's the recommended way to view all the relationships "Graphically" in DDT, before it has been deployed to development machine?

I'm building all of my tables and relationships, and I like to view them from a macro vision to ensure they are correct?

Thanks!

..ßen
Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.1K reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Hi Ben,

I find it helpful to have a graphical representation of the database when I'm coding and I also like DDT for deploying and updating so I've taken the following approach. I do my initial design using Visio Professional and once I'm happy with it I have Visio create a development database and import that into DDT. In DDT I add the description to each field. From there if I have to make any modifications to the DB, I make them in DDT, redeploy to the development DB and have Visio update the model from the updated DB. It would be nice if DDT provided a graphical view but I doubt it would be worth the programming effort when you can easily use something like Visio.

-Larry

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (9.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
It would be nice if DDT provided a graphical view but I doubt it would be worth the programming effort when you can easily use something like Visio.

Actually this is on the list for enhancements.  I agree that this would be very nice, so it will make it in there in future releases Smile  Triggers will also be included in future releases as well for those who are curious what else is coming in this product.

Ben Hayat
Ben Hayat
Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (508 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hey Larry, nice to hear from you. I had messed with Visio initially and then opted to do it in SQL management system, but I ended up not doing the graphical at all, since it wasn't as part of the tool to work with.

I'll just wait for the SF team to give us something!

..ßen
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...