Database Deployment Tookit

Author
Bruce King
StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
TargetInvocationException
 Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.
SqlException
 Invalid object name 'DBEProfile'.

Source     : mscorlib

Stack Trace:
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData()
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method)
   at System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbCommand.System.Data.IDbCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.FillInternal(DataSet dataset, DataTable[] datatables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, String srcTable, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable[] dataTables, Int32 startRecord, Int32 maxRecords, IDbCommand command, CommandBehavior behavior)
   at System.Data.Common.DbDataAdapter.Fill(DataTable dataTable)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DbDataSourceItem.GetDataTable(DbCommand Command, OnChangeEventHandler CallBack)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SqlDataSourceItem.GetDataTable(DbCommand Command, OnChangeEventHandler CallBack)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DbDataSourceItem.GetDataTable(String Statement, OnChangeEventHandler CallBack)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DataLayer.GetDataTable(String Statement, Boolean RegisterNotification)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.FillDataTable(String SelectStatement)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.DBEProfileBO.FillWithDistinctCategories()
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle._InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, SignatureStruct& sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.RuntimeMethodHandle.InvokeMethodFast(Object target, Object[] arguments, Signature sig, MethodAttributes methodAttributes, RuntimeTypeHandle typeOwner)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks)
   at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.Invoke(Object obj, BindingFlags invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ListControl.PopulateComboFromBusinessObject(IListControl lstControl, Object[] Parameters)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ListControl.PopulateCombo(Control lstControl, Object[] Parameters)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.PopulateCombo(Object[] Parameters)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.Requery()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.InitializeObject()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BaseForm.InitializeFormLoadObjects()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.BaseForm.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ContainerControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Bruce,

The problem you are having here is that either your connection string to the StrataFrame database is invalid or does not exist.  StrataFrame uses SQL Server and has a database named StrataFrame which houses all of the meta-data that is created in the DDT.  If this connection is not setup properly or if the StrataFrame database does not exist, then this is the error the is presented.

Select the Database Connection from the StrataFrame menu and select the StrataFrame Data Store and click Edit.  Go through the wizard to point to the correct SQL Server instance that has the StrataFrame database.  Once this is completed, then go back into the DDT and you should be good to go.

Bruce King
Bruce King
StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (2 reputation)
I tried the steps you recommended and now I get the following error. I checked the server and it's set to allow remote connections.  Also, when I try to create a new Connection with the wizard it can never find my sql server, it defaults to localhost, I have to type in the server name, it connects but never allows me to select the database I want...it always defaults to Strataframe

SqlException
 An error has occurred while establishing a connection to the server.  When connecting to SQL Server 2005, this failure may be caused by the fact that under the default settings SQL Server does not allow remote connections. (provider: Named Pipes Provider, error: 40 - Could not open a connection to SQL Server)

Source     : .Net SqlClient Data Provider

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
The "Database Connection..." menu option is used by StrataFrame to connect to the StrataFrame database for design-time stuff.  The DDT stores its meta-data in the StrataFrame database and the BOMapper, Role-Based Security, and Localization & Messaging all use the StrataFrame database.  That is why the database blank is disabled... that database connection is only used by the design-time SF components to talk to the SF database, not by your application.

The connection string used by your application is defined within the SetDataSources() method of the AppMain.vb (or Program.cs) file when you create a new project using the StrataFrame template.

Paul Chase
Paul Chase
Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)
Bruce,

I looks like maybe TCP is not enabled in your SQL instance? I know it has to be enabled in both the configuration utility as well as the surface area configutation utility.

I am pretty sure that is what your problem is.

Also I think this would affect the ability to browse for a server as well.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...