Setting Table Properties

Author
Howard Bennett
StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Maybe I'm missing something...but...I'm setting up a new table.  If I haven't set the table structure yet, how can I set the concurrency to "Optimistic Row Version" as it requires a version field?

Would it be possible to add that to the row setup dialog - where there would be a checkbox that says something like "Use this field for optimistic row version?"  Maybe over there where the "Primary Key" and "Allow Null" are...

Thanks.

P.S.  I'm just starting out here - so - bear with me.  You'll probably be tired of hearing from me before I get this first little project done.  I'm working on a small app that will read our phone system call log and generate reports - seemed like a simple app to get my feet wet w/SQL, VB.Net and StrataFrame.

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Howard.

Howard Bennett (06/08/2007)
Maybe I'm missing something...but...I'm setting up a new table.  If I haven't set the table structure yet, how can I set the concurrency to "Optimistic Row Version" as it requires a version field?

When I know the name of the field I'm going to use... usually xxxx_version, I just put it there ahead of creating the structure. Otherwise, I just go back afterwards.

P.S.  I'm just starting out here - so - bear with me.  You'll probably be tired of hearing from me before I get this first little project done.

Hey, never worry about that. Once you get to see all the questions we shoot at the SF team, you will find yourself an angel. Whistling

I'm working on a small app that will read our phone system call log and generate reports - seemed like a simple app to get my feet wet w/SQL, VB.Net and StrataFrame.

Good. This sounds like fun. Welcome to the gang. Smooooth

Howard Bennett
Howard Bennett
StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Okay - that was simple.  I should have tried that before posting here.

Thanks for the tip!

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...