Custom Data Deployment Application

Author
Robin J Giltner
StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)StrataFrame User (125 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I've managed to get my Data Deployment application working well form local, but I've run into a problem when trying to deploy a PKG file from a DVD/CD.

I seems to be dieing when trying to open the PKG file from DVD.  It is trying to open in ReadWrite mode, and since the DVD is read-only, this is impossible.

Is there someway to get around this, or does the PKG file required to be writeable for the Deployment application to work?

Thanks

Robin Giltner

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (4.1K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I think Ken called Trent and talked to him about this, but no, it doesn't require Read/Write access.  We're adding an overload to the PKG file that will allow it to open as read-only and use that one within the DBEngine to deploy the PKG files.  Thanks again for the heads up.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...