Errors creating package

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm getting a 1026 message ID error when I try to create a package. It indicates there is "No row at position zero". Screen shot attached.
Attachments
DDT_PackageEx.png (188 views, 120.00 KB)
Replies
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Also, I'm also having problems managing my filegroups. I just have one (PRIMARY), but in some cases, the file was not originally placed in the standard SQL server data folder, but in another folder. I just noticed that I now have two data files (plus a log file): my original and an updated one added by the DDT. So, two questions:

1. Is there any way to set a folder for the file(s)?

2. How do I get rid of the extra data (.mdf) file?

I sometimes wish learning all this stuff wasn't so painful Pinch

Thanks!
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Ahhh...priorities.  You need to set the view priorities since one relies on the other.  This is a relatively new feature of the DDT.  It will need to look like this:

I went ahead and made your profile work, so if you do this you should be in good shape.

Is there any way to set a folder for the file(s)?

We are adding a new feature...literally as we speak here, that allows you to have pre and post scripts that execute.  You would have to write a pre-script that sets the folder for you...which honestly I recommend against.  This is a setting on the SQL Server side of things and when you start moving the MDF file locations...well...it becomes a full time job and your responsibility instead of SQL Servers.  But if you have this need you will be able to set the folder location via a pre-execution script in the next update.

How do I get rid of the extra data (.mdf) file?

If it is not in use, then just "smoke it"  but if it IS in use, then you may have to detach it first.  Again, this would need to be done via a script...or manually through the Management Studio.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Greg McGuffey - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 16 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 16 Years Ago
                         OK, I deleted the data packages and then used the wizard to recreate...
                             Hmmm...you might let me take a look at your package and try it on my...
                                 Here is the package. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but...
                                     I wil take a look at it. From looking at the log file it looks as...
                                         Thanks Trent.

Have a good weekend!
                                             You too,amigo :)
                                         Greg, Did you notice that the SFSAuditDataActions and...
                                             That helped, but still issues. It is barfing on the a couple of the SF...
                                                 Also, I'm also having problems managing my filegroups. I just have...
                                                     Ahhh...priorities. You need to set the view priorities since one...