Errors creating package

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I'm getting a 1026 message ID error when I try to create a package. It indicates there is "No row at position zero". Screen shot attached.
Attachments
DDT_PackageEx.png (186 views, 120.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
It looks like something may be fishy about your Deployment Data items.  Just looking at the code and the stack trace isn't cluing me in as to what is causing the issue...other than it is possible that the error may be occuring due to a recursive call that attempts to get the children records based on the level specified...or the server cannot be accessed...or something along those lines. 

You might try removing the deployment data items and adding them back one at a time to see where the error is coming from so that we can at least trouble shoot what is causing the error.

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hey Greg, have you changed the structure of a table that you already had in the Deployment Data node?
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
I'm just deploying permissions and roles (and associated links).

So, if SF made changes then yes. I haven't.

I about to do a meeting, then finish a bug fix...so I'll get back to this tomorrow am.

Thanks for the ideas!
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Yes, if I'm not mistaken the Security tables had a new field or something, so if you had the Security tables already in Deployment Data, that could be it. As Trent said, deleting the packages and generating them back again should do it. This boy is learning a lot... BigGrin
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
LOL...Yeah, Ivan is right, there were some structure changes in the last update of the security.  So that could be what is getting in the way, but generally you get a different error.  But that is definitely a possibility.
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
OK, I deleted the data packages and then used the wizard to recreate the packages. After doing a bit of massaging to get them the way I like 'em, the package deployed nicely. BigGrin

Next....Blink

When deploying it, I get errors. When deploying to an existing db, I first get an error that it can't delete the file group...fortunately. (my history is completely clear and I'm using the $DbName$ token in the file group name). This is the case even if the name if the same as the db name in the DDT.

Then I get errors related to various items (PK, FK, views)...I'd post the log, but I can't find it Blush

I tried to deploy it to a new db (using a new name), but it also errored out.

Probably the best would be to figure out were the log file is, then you could see the issues. Sooooooooo, were is that rascal?

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Hmmm...you might let me take a look at your package and try it on my side so I can see it live and in color BigGrin
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Here is the package. I haven't had a chance to check it out yet, but I'm pretty sure the issue with it attempting to delete the data file is because I have a mismatch between the actual file name and the template assigned to the file group. However, as mentioned, I still get errors when attempting to load this to a new db.

I also figured out were the log files are...in the same folder as the package file...doh! I've attached the log file from when I was creating a brand new database.
Attachments
RamsSecurity.pkg (162 views, 34.00 KB)
RamsSecurity_results30.log.txt (186 views, 18.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
I wil take a look at it.  From looking at the log file it looks as though the security tables are not up to date....but I will run it and see if I can see what is going on.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...