Errors creating package

Author
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.7K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Thanks Trent.

Have a good weekend!
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
You too,amigo Smile
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Greg,

Did you notice that the SFSAuditDataActions and SFSAutodDataFields are in your package twice?  Just smoke one of them and see if the issue persists.  I will check to see if I need to make an import change to prevent this from happening again in the future, but this is probably the crux of your issue.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
That helped, but still issues. It is barfing on the a couple of the SF security views, with this error:

X 4/14/2008 12:32:09 PM-> SqlException

X 4/14/2008 12:32:09 PM-> Invalid object name 'SFSUserPermissionInfo'.

X 4/14/2008 12:32:09 PM-> Invalid object name 'SFSUserRolePermissionInfo'.

I'm attaching the package and the log file.
Attachments
RamsSecurity_results31.log.txt (154 views, 10.00 KB)
RamsSecurity.pkg (174 views, 33.00 KB)
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Also, I'm also having problems managing my filegroups. I just have one (PRIMARY), but in some cases, the file was not originally placed in the standard SQL server data folder, but in another folder. I just noticed that I now have two data files (plus a log file): my original and an updated one added by the DDT. So, two questions:

1. Is there any way to set a folder for the file(s)?

2. How do I get rid of the extra data (.mdf) file?

I sometimes wish learning all this stuff wasn't so painful Pinch

Thanks!
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Ahhh...priorities.  You need to set the view priorities since one relies on the other.  This is a relatively new feature of the DDT.  It will need to look like this:

I went ahead and made your profile work, so if you do this you should be in good shape.

Is there any way to set a folder for the file(s)?

We are adding a new feature...literally as we speak here, that allows you to have pre and post scripts that execute.  You would have to write a pre-script that sets the folder for you...which honestly I recommend against.  This is a setting on the SQL Server side of things and when you start moving the MDF file locations...well...it becomes a full time job and your responsibility instead of SQL Servers.  But if you have this need you will be able to set the folder location via a pre-execution script in the next update.

How do I get rid of the extra data (.mdf) file?

If it is not in use, then just "smoke it"  but if it IS in use, then you may have to detach it first.  Again, this would need to be done via a script...or manually through the Management Studio.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...