Data Deployment Package file problem

Author
Alan Jones
StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (13 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hey guys,
    I've ran into an issue deploying package files from a dvd.  The meta-data phase works smoothly, but then errors when attempting to deploy the actual data.  The error message is 'Access to path D:\mypackage.pkg' is denied.

I was able to get around this by changing the code in DbEngine -> DatabaseMigrator -> EnumDeploymentPackages where it was attempting to open it with FileAccess.ReadWrite (the default for a new PackageFile). 

Dim loPackage As New PackageFile(MetaDataPkgPathAndFileName, True, False, PkgPassword)

to this:
Dim
lopackage As New PackageFile()
lopackage.FileOpenAccess = FileAccess.Read
lopackage.Open(MetaDataPkgPathAndFileName,
True, False, PkgPassword)

Any chance of including this in your next update/release?

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Alan Jones - 15 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 15 Years Ago
Kenneth Langley - 15 Years Ago
                         Here is the Stack trace error.
                             Ken,

You can already do exactly what you want. If you are...
                                 Here is the code that we are using. Do you have any suggestions for a...
                                     I see one place in the code not setting the package to be Read-Only...
                                         Well Done. We are not using 1.7 release yet. We have a release pending...
                                             On a separate note, I've noticed when thedeploy meta data runs, the...
                                                 You can disregard the previous post. There appeared to be some type of...
                                                     [quote][b]Alan Jones (07/31/2009)[/b][hr]As for the multiple .bin...
Edhy Rijo - 15 Years Ago
                                                         Alan,

As I think that you have already discovered, the...