UI_WHAT

Author
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have attached a screen snippet of a maintenance form. I also included a snippet of the properties for the MaintenanceFormToolStrip. It has "UI_New", "UI_Browse", etc., in place of the standard terms.

What did I do wrong, now?!?

Another setback. I cannot post the application updates with this behavior.

Help, please,

Crying
Attachments
anomaly.JPG (183 views, 19.00 KB)
toolstripprops.jpg (182 views, 47.00 KB)
Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Is there any explanation for this? I do not want to revert any of my files to a previous revision. Not for this problem. The problem should NOT have occurred. Toolstrip customizations are a StrataFrame thing. How did I trigger a solution-wide revision of every toolstrip to use some kind of default localization-like constant?!? I'll admit, I probably did something to provoke this; however, I doubt it.

Btw, I did revert the file to a previous revision. Scary...it did not change back. The UI strings are still showing up incorrectly.

Crazy
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Bill Cunnien - 15 Years Ago
Charles R Hankey - 15 Years Ago
Charles R Hankey - 15 Years Ago
                         I reinstalled 1.7.0 from the most recent post on the website (7/29...
                             Just FYI, reinstalling 1.7.0 reset the Inherited UI to 8.2.8. Watch...
                                 I am dying here. :crying:

It wasn't just the fact that...
                                     Close Visual Studio 2008 and reopen the solution. That got me back to...
                                         Hi Bill,

I feel your pain! :D VS sometimes can go south...
Edhy Rijo - 15 Years Ago
                                             Since I could not figure out why these maintenance form tool strips...
                                                 Bill, I don't understand what you are getting at here? What do you...
Trent L. Taylor - 15 Years Ago
                                                     Please look at the images I attached on the initial post.
                                                         OK, it looks like you do not have all of your SF assemblies on the...
                                                             The suggestion that localization had changed in some way was only a...
                                                                 Cool :cool:
                                                                     Unbelievable.

ALL, and I mean ALL, maintenance form...
                                                                         I picked one form to try to figure out what is going on...it is the...
                                                                             Is there any explanation for this? I do not want to revert any of my...
                                                                             There is something going on within your environment. Let's start with...
                                                                                 I created the new app and have no issues with the MFTS. So, my...
                                                                                     It sounds like you have something in your code, possibly a user...
                                                                                         Oh, the reason that it worked after you closed the test project is...
                                                                                             The run-time code does not exhibit the behavior. And, yes, I closed...
                                                                                                 [quote]How do I confirm that the SF assemblies are loaded in the VS...
                                                                                                     I'll skip the "complex add-in".

This all started with the...
                                                                                                         Well, the issue is that the Visual Studio IDE snuffs most exceptions...
                                                                                         The MFTS is used, as is. All assemblies have been verified (several...
Larry Caylor - 9 Years Ago
Edhy Rijo - 9 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 9 Years Ago
                     Hi Ivan, Thanks for sharing this info.
Edhy Rijo - 9 Years Ago