UI_WHAT

Author
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I have attached a screen snippet of a maintenance form. I also included a snippet of the properties for the MaintenanceFormToolStrip. It has "UI_New", "UI_Browse", etc., in place of the standard terms.

What did I do wrong, now?!?

Another setback. I cannot post the application updates with this behavior.

Help, please,

Crying
Attachments
anomaly.JPG (176 views, 19.00 KB)
toolstripprops.jpg (175 views, 47.00 KB)
Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
Is this 1.7 ? I notice in the What's New there is talk of the new assemby UI.Expanded (or at least I think that is what the docs are saying) but I did the install and I do not have the dll and Expanded doesn't seem to be part of the UI assembly.

Perhaps a glitch in the install? (may be a non-issue if so as I think Trent said he was posting another build and I don't see a forum notice yet)

Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Yup... 1.7.0. I think localization changed a bit somehow. I am looking into that angle, now.
Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
I have attached the localization editor's version about box. I assume that it is supposed to by 1.7.0. Also, my output folder is referencing the GAC and a 1.6.0... folder. When I choose to "Open Output Folder" I get this friendly message:

Win32Exception

The system cannot find the file specified

Source : System

Stack Trace:

at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start(String fileName)

at SFMessaging.MessageEditor.cmdOpenOutput_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripButton.OnClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.OnMessage(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativewindow.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Nativewindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Of course, I expected a message like this since the 1.6.x was totally uninstalled and wiped from my computer before I installed the 1.7.0 version.

Not sure what to do. Guess I will try reinstalling 1.7.0 and see if it fixes anything.
Attachments
localizationversion.JPG (148 views, 17.00 KB)
Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (764 reputation)
When I installed 1.7 I had to manually redo the references in my apps to the 1.7 in the GAC - especially to Base.

I found the UI.Expanded but only as a c# project in source that doesn't "quite" compile - i.e. it shows 90 errors and 14 warnings but there is a dll when it is done with the compile data time and that dll can be referenced directly from the bin folder but doesn't seem to add new controls to toolbar.)

Anyway, I would be within the next 24 there will be word from Amarillo lifting the fog.

Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
I reinstalled 1.7.0 from the most recent post on the website (7/29 around 10am). I blew away the messaging files to make sure the localization would behave better. Even after the reinstall, the messaging stuff seems to be stuck in 1.6.0. I have attached three screen shots of the properties of the various files involved. Unless I am misunderstanding, shouldn't these all be referencing an assembly version of 1.7.0?
Attachments
sfmessaging.JPG (149 views, 31.00 KB)
sfmessagingbodll.JPG (138 views, 31.00 KB)
sfmessagingshareddll.JPG (124 views, 31.00 KB)
Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
Just FYI, reinstalling 1.7.0 reset the Inherited UI to 8.2.8. Watch out for that little baby.
Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
I am dying here. Crying

It wasn't just the fact that DevEx 8.2.8 was being used in the code. There are other problems, now. Ermm I have attached the most recent popup window when I simply double-click on the PartsMaintenance.cs file to open it in the designer. Opening other windows presents the ugly IAC (Ignore and Continue)!

I am doing my best to get through this. I am now going on a week. It feels like this is all I have done.

Oh, ya...it is all that I have done this week. Wink
Attachments
exceptionthrown.JPG (139 views, 11.00 KB)
Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
Close Visual Studio 2008 and reopen the solution. That got me back to editing in the designer without errors.

Whew! I hate it when it does that...especially, when chasing other errors.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Bill,

I feel your pain! BigGrin VS sometimes can go south with the instantiation/references, etc. so what I am doing now is for new SF updates, always change all references needed (I use Infragistics), compile that, then open my projects, change references as needed, close VS and open my project and compile.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...