Strataframe Listview Questions

Author
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hey Thomas.

It makes sense, but while that have you considered using the standard StrataFrame ListView?
Thomas Holste
Thomas Holste
StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Ivan,

I do not consider using the Listview control as it has not the display-possibilities of the stratalistview-control. What really attracts me is the ability of displaying header and footer text like it does and that's why I tried it and am still trying to use it. What I would like to know is, if it is planned to add keyboard-support for skipping through items or if that is not an issue for the near future? In that case I will have to try some other control for that app.

Best regards

Thomas
Thomas Holste
Thomas Holste
StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)StrataFrame User (356 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi there,

I did not give up and this is it what seems to work. I post it in case anyone else wants to use the

statalistview in unbound mode.

If e.KeyCode = Keys.Down Then

Dim nPos As Integer

Dim nLast As Integer

Dim nNext As Integer

' Get number of items

nLast = LV.Items.Count - 1

' Get index-position of selected item

nPos = LV.Items.IndexOf(LV.SelectedItems(0))

nNext = nPos + 1

If nLast > -1 And nNext <= nLast Then

' Set index to next possible position

LV.Items.Item(nNext).Selected = True

' Ensure that the display "moves" along the index-setting

LV.EnsureVisible(LV.Items.Item(nNext))

End If

End If

This is just a first version but it works. If anyone knows problems which could emerge with this kind of code, please tell me.

Best regards

Thomas
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...