Trial install Sample Console doesn't work because of SQLExpress connection

Author
Michael Niemann
StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (7 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
I just installed the trial edition, and the installation went fine (XP and Vista on the same PC).

However, they both have the same problem... I am unable to execute the Sample applications from the Sample Console because there is a problem connecting to the database. Note: This is in spite of installing the StrataFrame and StrataFrameSample databases (.mdf files) in SQLExpress... which is running as a service.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards, Mike Niemann
Replies
Darrell Praytor
Darrell Praytor
StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)StrataFrame Beginner (5 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
It appears to be correct.  It is the same I use when I test connected using Visual Studio and it allows me access to the Strataframe sample database.   I'm using windows 8.1 and SQLEXPRESS 2014 if that makes a difference.   I tried both local\sqlexpress and  mycomputername\sqlexpress.   On the top level (BOMapper on Project level) it acts like both connect fine.   Then when I move to CustomersBO to configure it, as soon as I try to select a source it gives me the error if I"ve selected SQL server.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Darrell,

Since you are using Windows 8.1, try opening VS as "Administrator", then test to see if that fixes the issue.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Michael Niemann - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
                     [quote][b]Trent L. Taylor (06/29/2008)[/b][hr]Mike,

You...
                         Great! Glad you got it going!!! :)
                             My problem happens on the next step. I connect to my SQLEXPRESS server...
Darrell Praytor - 9 Years Ago
                                 When you view the properties on a project node in the BOMapper, there...
StrataFrame Team - 9 Years Ago
                                     It appears to be correct. It is the same I use when I test connected...
Darrell Praytor - 9 Years Ago
                                         Hi Darrell, Since you are using Windows 8.1, try opening VS as...
Edhy Rijo - 9 Years Ago