AJAX and SF

Author
Charles Thomas Blankenship
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Belay my last, the file uploaded after several attempts ... I just didn't update the message body.

Extract the files into a subdirectory of your choice and open the solution.  Please let me know if anything doesn't work correctly.

CT

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
http://www.novantconsulting.com

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Great job, CT.

I'm running it over here. I just need to create the table on my StrataFrameSample, will do it later. But so far, it looks like a brilliant project. Cool

Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
at first look it appears to be a great work, I only unzipped and tested it fast to see it and when go to http://localhost:4116/Chapter7Map.aspx I see a great example, I not sure why on my explorer the map go outside the frame, I'll investigate it on the night Smile

thanks you so much for this example.

Charles Thomas Blankenship...
StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)StrataFrame User (350 reputation)
Thanks,

If you launch the application from within Visual Studio 2005 and hit play you'll see the default page from whence you can navigate through the whole example.

The map is not yet polished up, I simply got it to the point where it was displaying points from the RSS feed from Yahoo and then went to watch some football (American style).

Oh yea, don't forget to vote!

Thanks and don't forget, you can do a chapter or two yourself, simply pick something you want to learn, do it, then illustrate how to connect it to StrataFrame, then submit it.  If we all pitch in no other product on the web will have its functionality illustrated better then StrataFrame.

Later guys,

CT

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.

Here is the script for the NetFlix table:

USE [StrataFrameSample]

GO

/****** Object: Table [dbo].[NetFlix] Script Date: 11/19/2007 09:46:54 ******/

SET ANSI_NULLS ON

GO

SET QUOTED_IDENTIFIER ON

GO

CREATE TABLE [dbo].[NetFlix](

[nf_id] [int] IDENTITY(1,1) NOT NULL,

[nf_title] [nvarchar](50) NOT NULL,

[nf_link] [nvarchar](300) NOT NULL,

[nf_description] [nvarchar](4000) NOT NULL,

[nf_item_id] [int] NOT NULL,

[nf_download_date] [datetime] NOT NULL,

[nf_favorite] [bit] NOT NULL,

[nf_atag] [nvarchar](200) NOT NULL,

[nf_ratedby] [int] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_NetFlix_ng_ratedby] DEFAULT ((0)),

[nf_score] [float] NOT NULL CONSTRAINT [DF_NetFlix_nf_score] DEFAULT ((0)),

CONSTRAINT [PK_NetFlix] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED

(

[nf_id] ASC

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]

) ON [PRIMARY]

USE [StrataFrameSample]

GO

/****** Object: Index [AK_NetFlix] Script Date: 11/19/2007 09:47:26 ******/

CREATE UNIQUE NONCLUSTERED INDEX [AK_NetFlix] ON [dbo].[NetFlix]

(

[nf_title] ASC

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, DROP_EXISTING = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]

USE [StrataFrameSample]

GO

/****** Object: Index [PK_NetFlix] Script Date: 11/19/2007 09:47:41 ******/

ALTER TABLE [dbo].[NetFlix] ADD CONSTRAINT [PK_NetFlix] PRIMARY KEY CLUSTERED

(

[nf_id] ASC

)WITH (PAD_INDEX = OFF, STATISTICS_NORECOMPUTE = OFF, SORT_IN_TEMPDB = OFF, IGNORE_DUP_KEY = OFF, ONLINE = OFF, ALLOW_ROW_LOCKS = ON, ALLOW_PAGE_LOCKS = ON) ON [PRIMARY]

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)StrataFrame User (241 reputation)
Thanks for the script Smile I will try this and see If I can learn and write about something that can help others =)

I'll see if I can learn about Virtual earth + ajax + SF and try to do something with google map / yahoo map later Smile

pd: how do you have 12000+ visits! I not sure if someone have more, but I think that you win the prize to most visits to the forum Wow

New version, this is not a cumulative one so you must download the first one, install it, then download this one and extract the new files on top of the existing directories.

I didn't like the fact that the Chapter menu (Sidebar2) was duplicated, so I made a Web User Control and got rid of the duplication.

I also didn't like the layout, the menu and several GIFs were not properly aligned so I talked our graphics guy into modifying them so the pages look a bit more professional.

I also included the Script for the NetFlix table (to be added to the StrataFrameSamples) database.

Sorry for the inconvenience but this one looks much more professional as far as layout goes.

CT

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
Attachments
SFAnthemAJAXExample.zip (223 views, 818.00 KB)
Fabian R Silva, -
Fabian R Silva, -
Great thanks again Cool
Here is Chapter 4's description.

Enjoy,

CT

Charles T. Blankenship
Senior Consultant
Novant Consulting, Inc.
Attachments
Chapter4.zip (235 views, 119.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected