Easy access to SF Help file

Author
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Please add a new menu option to the StrataFrame main menu in the VS IDE to call the SF Help file.

Thanks.

Edhy Rijo

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
I have added it ot the list of enhancement requests.
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Also, could you please provide the help file in a suitable format for printing, a PDF would be just fine.  With the current format the print out fonts are so small that makes the printed document unsuable.

At this time I am more interested in the whole Security Topic: "Defining Security within the Application" and "Security within the Application".

Edhy Rijo

Hugo R. Figueroa
Hugo R. Figueroa
StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (119 reputation)
I second Edhy request regarding to have a PRINTABLE Help. For me is the best thing to have something that I can read whenever I want, even when I am in bed Smile
Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
One option would be to export the help file (or a portion of it) to a PDF.  I have CutePDF which does a wonderful job.  Attached is an example of the generated PDF.  As a PDF, it can become quite mobile.  And you can print it for that late night reading session. BigGrin  It is a bit small, by default, but you can play with the scaling setting of the CutePDF advanced printing preferences and get it to where you need it to be. Cool

Bill

Attachments
Role-BasedSecurity.pdf (219 views, 1.00 MB)
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot for trying this.  It is still a small font and very hard to read on a printed document. 

I am a big fan of printed documentation, and that is something I really miss in SF. BigGrin

Edhy Rijo

Bill Cunnien
Bill Cunnien
StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1K reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hhmmm...attached is a file generated from CutePDF using 200% scaling.  I printed the first page out...looks quite readable.  I didn't play with much else (headers, footers, etc.).  I am sure you could even get it to be more readable if you spent more than the 30 seconds that I did.

Smile

Attachments
RBS (scaled).pdf (227 views, 2.00 MB)
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Bill,

Thanks a lot, again.  This one looks much better.  I already started setting up the RBS for one of my projects and I ended up with a big headache by trying to read the small fonts of the help file.

I really appreciated you took the time (twice) to get us this document in a readable/printable format. Hehe

Edhy Rijo

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Thanks for pumping that out Bill! 

In the past we followed the practice of distributing print doc files with the help, but they were underutilized and caused confusion with users (having two copies of the same docs on the same machine.) I'll see what we can do for automating the process again, however, and talk it through with Trent. We definately want you guys to get the most out of the framework, and there is a lot to learn, so we'll do everything we can Smile.

Edhy Rijo
E
Thanks Dustin, we do appreciate this effort.

Edhy Rijo

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...