ES CryptographicException

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
When trying to launch an application that uses the Enterprise Server I was receiving an error (see attachment). The error started when our organization lost Internet connectivity Saturday morning due to a power outage in our main data center. It's now Sunday, power has been restored, and everything is working normally. This leads me to assume that the ES has a "phone home" feature that checks to see if the license is current. While I can understand the need to protect your intellectual property, I'm not feeling good about building business critical applications that otherwise do not need the Internet that cannot survive a few days without it. Does ES require constant communication home or is there something else going on?

-Larry

Attachments
EnterpriseIssue.png (205 views, 49.00 KB)
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Did you receive an email to the address configured in the web.config file?  That email should contain more information and a better stack trace than the one you received.  It does check in with the home server on a regular basis, mainly for expiration purposes since the server is licensed in 1 year increments.  That could be the cause of the problem, if it is throwing an exception, it might be bubbling it up.  I will take a look at the code and see what I can find.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Larry,

We are going to make a change so that this doesn't happen in the future.  It will be included in the next update.  Thanks. Smile

Larry Caylor
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (880 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
Attached are the ES errors in case they help you to make the changes. The first one is DNS related which makes sense since we lost our DNS server in the power outage. There are a number of these followed by the second "Unable to connect to the remote server" error.

-Larry

Attachments
ESError1.png (203 views, 20.00 KB)
ESError2.png (215 views, 31.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Got it.  Thanks. Smile
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...