ES CryptographicException

Author
Larry Caylor
Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (902 reputation)
Group: Awaiting Activation
When trying to launch an application that uses the Enterprise Server I was receiving an error (see attachment). The error started when our organization lost Internet connectivity Saturday morning due to a power outage in our main data center. It's now Sunday, power has been restored, and everything is working normally. This leads me to assume that the ES has a "phone home" feature that checks to see if the license is current. While I can understand the need to protect your intellectual property, I'm not feeling good about building business critical applications that otherwise do not need the Internet that cannot survive a few days without it. Does ES require constant communication home or is there something else going on?

-Larry

Attachments
EnterpriseIssue.png (210 views, 49.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...