Browse Dialog Results

Author
Paul Chase
Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (510 reputation)
Group: Forum Members

I have been meaning to ask for this for awhile but never get around to it and just end up doing it my local SF source then forgetting about it until the next time I update Smile. My users are migrating from a FPW app and really love the keyboard, so in trying to keep the native's happy I have my browse dialogs set up as follows I have the search key set to keys.enter and the setfocustoresultsaftersearch property to true and have added code below to the BD source to handle the lv.results key down

The idea is that a user can enter their search criteria hit enter, the results come up, and then they arrow down to the correct record, hit enter and the BD copy's data and closes form. Setting both the search and accept key to enter will not work as the search would evaluate first so it would just keep searching, so what I have been doing is trapping the Lvresults key down event and if enter copy data and close form as below. 

I'm sure you guys would want to add a property to turn this on/off and what not but if you could add this I'd sure be happy about it.

Thanks Paul

Private Sub lvResults_KeyDown(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal e As System.Windows.Forms.KeyEventArgs) Handles lvResults.KeyDown

If e.KeyCode = Keys.Enter Then

If lvResults.SelectedItems().Count > 0 Then

Me.CopyDataAndCloseForm()

End If

End If

End Sub

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...

Threaded View
Threaded View
Paul Chase - 16 Years Ago
Trent L. Taylor - 16 Years Ago
Ivan George Borges - 16 Years Ago
                         Hi Paul, And it all make sense to me, it looks like a very logic and...
Edhy Rijo - 16 Years Ago
                             Thanks Edhy sometimesI only make sense to myself!!:D