"Save and New" toolbar button?

Author
Aaron Young
StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)StrataFrame User (343 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I think users would appreciate a "Save and New" toolbar button that, surprisingly, saves the current record before adding a new record. It is in a number of applications including Microsoft Office Accounting and is very useful.

Pretty please? Smile

Aaron

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This is the first time I have ever had that request Smile  Does Microsoft still take this approach...I know that it was in older versions of Office (or maybe Access I can't remember) but it seems that they have moved away from this.  No that that changes anything.  We will talk about this for a future update.  If you look at the StrataFlix sample, you will see that we have been starting to move the interface in a different direction that seems to be catching on very well with out users (both StrataFrame and our medical software).  We will not abandon the MaintenanceFormToolstrip, but we have spent a lot of time and have finally come up with a differnet implementation using actions and an action area which is a more dynamic and flexible approach to user interaction.  But like I said, I can see the validity of this and it will definitely be considered.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...