Stratafix SQL authemtication problem (SQL 2008)

Author
Russell Scott Brown
StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Actually I have to admit that I looked at it half a dozen times before I realized that I used New instead of new - C# being case sensitive still trips me up constantly. 

Russ Brown (Using C#2010/SQL Server 2008)
Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
No problem, glad it helped! BigGrin
Russell Scott Brown
Russell Scott Brown
StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)StrataFrame User (258 reputation)
That is what I don't know - the C# syntax.  I can't seem to find an example for C# and almost all the documentation, Help files and training CDs, etc., show mostly examples in VB only.

I'm going through a BIG learning curve obviously.

Thanks again.

Greg McGuffey
Greg McGuffey
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Everything is the same (using the same libraries), just use C# syntax:

Databasics.DataSources.Add(new SqlDataSourceItem("","server=MyServer;Integrated Security=SSPI;database=StrataFlix"));

Russell Scott Brown
Russell Scott Brown
Sorry...I just quickly scanned through the post

Just do this, hard code your connection in the AppMain versus allowing the Connection Wizard to popup.  Open the AppMain.vb or program.cs (whichever language you are using) and then comment out the SetConnections() call in the SetDataSources method.  Then just manually supply the connection for the StrataFlix database:

Databasics.DataSources.Add(New SqlDataSourceItem("","server=MyServer;Integrated Security=SSPI;database=StrataFlix"))

What would be the equivalent for the above in C# (program.cs)?  Thanks!

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Cool Cool
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)
Hi Trent,

Yep - that works fine - thanks.

Geoff - in answer to your question. We have two environments which have been running ok for several weeks now:

1) Vista Ultimate running SF 1.6.6, VS2008 and SQL Server 2008 with contains the database for the app. However the StrataFrame database is actually still SQL 2005 on another machine.

2) Vista Ultimate running SF 1.6.6, VS2008 and SQL Server 2008. The app database and the StrataFrame database reside on the Vista machine.

Cheers, Peter

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.7K reputation)
Sorry...I just quickly scanned through the post BigGrin

Just do this, hard code your connection in the AppMain versus allowing the Connection Wizard to popup.  Open the AppMain.vb or program.cs (whichever language you are using) and then comment out the SetConnections() call in the SetDataSources method.  Then just manually supply the connection for the StrataFlix database:

Databasics.DataSources.Add(New SqlDataSourceItem("","server=MyServer;Integrated Security=SSPI;database=StrataFlix"))

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)StrataFrame User (456 reputation)
Hi Trent,

I'm not using DDT - the only thing I'm interested in is running the Stratafix sample.

I do understand you are not officially supporting SQL 2008 yet but I was hoping you could give me a pointer as to why I'm getting the error I described in my original post.

Cheers, Peter

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
SF does fully support VS2008...and has for a very long time at this point.  You can run SF with SQL Server 2008, but it has not gone through all of our testing at this point...so a few minor changes may be down the road.  But the SQL 10 classes should be backward compatible.

As for the DDT, it has not been tested against 2008 (at least not in a full QA scenario).  However, you will see that it already supports all of the SQL Server 2008 data types, etc.  So clearly support is planned, but again, it has not been fully tested.

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...