Memory leak SF BO with DevExpress ASPxDataGridView

Author
ChanKK
StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I am facing memory leak problem when using SF BusinessObject and DevExpress ASPxDataGridView.

I have simple test project, which only has one BO, bind to ASPxDataGridView. It does nothing complicated, just load all records in Page_Load if not IsPostBack.

I found that, the memory usage would become double when I just "refresh" the page. I also used dotTrace profiler and found that # of BO instances keep increasing. I suspect it is the same issue with the post http://forum.strataframe.net/Topic20903-8-1.aspx.

I have prepared sample project and the dotTrace memory profiler files for your reference. MemoryLeak1.dtm is first load memory snapshot and MemoryLeak2.dtm is 2nd snapshot after refresh.

As the file size > 30MB, please download it from http://www.visualsolutions.com.my/blog/chankk/WebApplication6.zip

Hope you could get back to me as soon as possible! It is very urgent!

Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Are you running the most recent beta of 1.6.7?  A number of memory leak issues in regards to the BBS (which is what you are using I am sure) have already been resolved.  Please load and test the beta before moving forward. 
ChanKK
ChanKK
StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)StrataFrame User (248 reputation)
Hi,

Yes, I am using most recently beta 1.6.7, which I downloaded few days ago.

Please advice. Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
We will set this up.  We are looking to see if the same modifications made to the WinForms BBS were implemented on the web side.  Thanks.
ChanKK
ChanKK
Hi,

Thank you. Hope to hear from you very soon, as the IIS would freeze after refresh/postback the page about 10 times.

Thank you
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
We are trying to reproduce at the moment...will let you know when we have something.  We want to get it reproduced before we change anything so that we can ensure that if there is an issue it is resolved before pushing out an update or making changes.
ChanKK
ChanKK
Hi,

May I know any update? Do you think it could be solved in this week?

Sorry for keep approaching you, as we need to deliver in this end of month, without this solved we are not going to release; meanwhile we need to inform customer earlier instead of the of delivery.

Thank you for understanding.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
We are looking at this right now and trying to reproduce.  Should know something later today.  If not, I will let you know.
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Just FYI, your sample is missing the BusinessobjectLibrary6 project.  So we are having to recreate this on our own.  If you can provide that project as part of your sample it may speed things up.
ChanKK
ChanKK
Hi,

I have attached the missing project.

Beside, I spent some time to trace the root cause of this issue and found that, BusinessBindingSource.Dispose() is not called at all. Do you think it is the cause?

Thank you
Attachments
Properties.zip (236 views, 7.00 KB)
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...