Error messages localization keys?

Author
dgsoft
StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (123 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I develop a web application and evaluate StrataFrame security dialogs for my web application.

For example.. when I want to change a password.. and my new password value brake a business rules I'v got an excelption on

Here little code block

loSFSUserBO.us_PasswordPlainText = lcNewPassword

loSFSUserBO.us_ConfirmPassword = lcNewPassword

Try

If loSFSUserBO.Save() = MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SaveUndoResult.Success Then

Response.Redirect("~/PenSolutionOffice.aspx")

Else

Me.mmks_ShowNotification(Error_ChangePassword)

End If

Catch ex As Exception

Me.mmks_ShowNotification(ex.InnerException.Message)

End Try

So.. I'v got a Catch block... and ex.InnerException.Message = The specified key [SFST_PasswordComplexityRequirements] was not found within the localization database.

I understand - the broken rule password is simple.. but where can I get SFST_PasswordComplexityRequirements ? Should I create in my localization XML ? but there a lot of diffrent SFST_ keys when diffrent rules are broken.

So, the question is - how can I get a valid error message instead SFST_PasswordComplexityRequirements...

Thanks!

Denis
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
This relates to the same issue on another thread you had asked about this. You can refer back to that post here: http://forum.strataframe.net/FindPost23324.aspx. This is actually because you are requiring complex passwords based on your global settings and your password doesn't meet these requirements. So the broken rules are trying to create that message and you have not embedded the localization files in your assembly.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...