Trying to install SF on Windows 7 Ultimate / VS 2008 / SQL 2008 Standard

Author
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Yeah, but here I get to see all these pictures of me ...
Charles R Hankey
Charles R Hankey
Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (892 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Finally got the Windows 7 install working. Juan Carlos Pazos put me on the right track - it was a question of Run as Administrator.

Hope this saves somebody else a problem. In Windows 7, when you do the SF install, finish the install without activating. Then go to Strataframe in the start menu and right-click the License Activation , choosing Run as Administrator.

DDT also must be run as an administrator (and I wouldn't be surprised if the Security Maintenance exe, packageit and other stuff needs elevated permissions as well. You can set this up by going into the Microfour/stratframe folder in Program Files, right clicking the EXE, go to properties and at the bottom of the compatiblity tab check Run this program as an Administrator.

Now all is well.

I love Windows 7 ! BigGrin
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...