The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Author
Jeff Pagley
StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Keith,

I believe the following has to be changed in your datasources.config

<TypeAssemblyVersion>1.6.0.0</TypeAssemblyVersion>

change it to 1.7.0.0

I did try to do this, but I was getting another error.  So I restored a fresh copy of the datasources.config, made the change, stop/started IIS and it worked!  Now that I can load the Status page successfully.  I will attempt to connect my application to it.

Thanks,

Jeff

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
Glad to hear, as long as your remotedatasourcekey param of the EnterpriseDataSourceItem matches what is in your DataSources.config you should be golden.

Just for fun here is my production datasources.config and the appmain code that connects to it:

<DataSources>
 <DataSource DataSourceKey="ILA">
  <ConnectionString>server=DS63293-1;User ID=xxxx;Password=xxxx;Database=ILAMembership;</ConnectionString>
  <TypeFullName>MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SqlDataSourceItem</TypeFullName>
  <TypeAssemblyName>MicroFour StrataFrame Base</TypeAssemblyName>
  <TypeAssemblyVersion>1.7.0.0</TypeAssemblyVersion>
  <TypeAssemblyCulture>neutral</TypeAssemblyCulture>
  <TypeAssemblyPublicToken>99fe9917f71608a7</TypeAssemblyPublicToken>
  <IsEncrypted>True</IsEncrypted>
  <IsCompressed>True</IsCompressed>
  <EncryptionKey>1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0,1,2,3,4</EncryptionKey>
  <EncryptionVector>1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8</EncryptionVector>
  <TransactionTimeout>3600</TransactionTimeout>
 </DataSource>
 <DataSource DataSourceKey="DASEF">
  <ConnectionString>server=DS63293-1;User ID=xxxxxx;Password=xxxxx;Database=DASEF;</ConnectionString>
 </DataSource>
</DataSources>

Private Shared Sub SetDataSources()

' Assume want to use the enterprise server - unless the file C:\disablees.txt exists - if that files exist - then

' use the local connnection string via the connection manager

'

'enable flag file for debug mode (with warning)

If System.IO.File.Exists("C:\EnableDataSourceLog.txt") Then

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DataBasics.DataSources("").SetDebugOn("C:\WINDOWS\Temp\DASEFSQLLog_.html", True)

MessageForm.ShowMessageByKey("genericMessage", "DataSource Debug Mode is ON")

End If

If System.IO.File.Exists("C:\DisableES.txt") Then

ConnectionManager.ApplicationKey = "DASEF"

ConnectionManager.ApplicationDefaultTitle = "DASEF Data Connection"

ConnectionManager.ApplicationDefaultDescription = "This application connection is used by DASEF"

'-- Set the required data source information so that the ConnectionManager can gather it

' SQL Connection

ConnectionManager.AddRequiredDataSourceItem("", "SQL Connection", _

DataSourceTypeOptions.SqlServer, "DASEF", "This connection is used by DASEF.")

'-- Make the call to SetConnections which will gather the connection information, show the connection wizard

' if needed and set the DataSources collection on the DataLayer class.

ConnectionManager.SetConnections()

Else

'-- Create the ES data source

Dim ds As New EnterpriseDataSourceItem("", "es.sigmadatainc.com", 80, "DASEF", New SqlDataSourceItem(""))

'use the enterprise server

'-- Configure the compression and encryption (optional)

ds.IsCompressed = True

ds.IsEncrypted = True

ds.EncryptionKey = New Byte() {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4}

ds.EncryptionVector = New Byte() {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}

'simple error display for testing

Try

'-- Add the EnterpriseDataSourceItem

DataLayer.DataSources.Add(ds)

Catch ex As Exception

MessageForm.ShowMessageByKey("genericErrorMessage", ex.ToString)

End Try

End If

End Sub

Keith Chisarik
Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)StrataFrame User (303 reputation)
I am getting this error when attempting to connect to ES:

WebException
  The remote server returned an error: (500) Internal Server Error.

Source     : System

Stack Trace:
   at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.SendRequestCore(BaseParams Params, RemoteDataSourceCommand Command)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.ᜀ(DbCommand A_0, Boolean A_1, String A_2)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem.GetDataTable(DbCommand Command, OnChangeEventHandler CallBack)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DataLayer.GetDataTable(DbCommand Command, Boolean RegisterNotification)
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Business.BusinessLayer.FillDataTable(DbCommand CommandToExecute)
   at ProspectHelper.SystemSettingsBO.FillAll() in C:\Documents and Settings\JPagley\My Documents\Projects\ProspectHelper\ProspectHelper\BusinessObjects\SystemSettingsBO.vb:line 68
   at ProspectHelper.AppMain.ConnectToEnterpriseServer() in C:\Documents and Settings\JPagley\My Documents\Projects\ProspectHelper\ProspectHelper\AppMain.vb:line 407
   at ProspectHelper.AppMain.SetDataSources() in C:\Documents and Settings\JPagley\My Documents\Projects\ProspectHelper\ProspectHelper\AppMain.vb:line 78
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.Raise_SetDataSources()
   at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Application.StrataFrameApplication.RunApplication()
   at ProspectHelper.AppMain.Main(String[] args) in C:\Documents and Settings\JPagley\My Documents\Projects\ProspectHelper\ProspectHelper\AppMain.vb:line 29
   at System.AppDomain._nExecuteAssembly(Assembly assembly, String[] args)
   at System.AppDomain.ExecuteAssembly(String assemblyFile, Evidence assemblySecurity, String[] args)
   at Microsoft.VisualStudio.HostingProcess.HostProc.RunUsersAssembly()
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart_Context(Object state)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading.ThreadHelper.ThreadStart()

Here is my datasource config and AppMain code and I am using the "ProspectHelper_Master" data source key:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8" ?>

<DataSources>
 <DataSource DataSourceKey="MyDataSource">
  <ConnectionString>server=localhost;Integrated Security=SSPI;Database=MyDatabase;</ConnectionString>
 </DataSource>
 <DataSource DataSourceKey="ProspectHelper_Master">
  <ConnectionString>server=TESTSERVER\SQLEXPRESS;User Id=xxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxx;Database=ProspectHelper;</ConnectionString>
 </DataSource>
</DataSources>

Dim ds As New MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.Enterprise.EnterpriseDataSourceItem("", _

"vpn.starktruss.com/es", 80, "ProspectHelper_Master", New SqlDataSourceItem(""))

'-- Configure the compression and encryption (optional)

ds.IsCompressed = True

ds.IsEncrypted = True

ds.EncryptionKey = New Byte() {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4}

ds.EncryptionVector = New Byte() {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8}

MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.DataLayer.DataSources.Add(ds)

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
What does the status page of ES show you? Is it up and connecting without issue? 

If so, do you have the SMTP settings for ES set up propery? If you do, what was the error message it e-mailed you related to that failed connection?

If not, I'd recommend setting up the SMTP than restarting the website. That way, ES will e-mail you the actual error, which will give us more to go on than a generic HTTP response.

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
What does the status page of ES show you? Is it up and connecting without issue?

My status page loads fine.  Here is the info below.  Notice it says one client is connected after I failed to connect from my client app.

Server Name (site name):Development SDK
Registered Name:Jeff Pagley
Registered Company:Stark Truss
Serial Number:1002B-5B927-D4438-A452B-78FD5
Server Hostname:vpn.starktruss.com/es
License Expiration Date:8/13/2010
Allowed Clients:2
Allowed Hosts to Status.aspx:127.0.0.1 / 173.122.220.75
Serialization Type:Standard
SMTP Settings
SMTP Server & Port:mail.starktruss.com:25
Email From Address:es@testserver.com
Email To Addresses:jeff@starktruss.com
SMTP AuthNo
Data Sources
MyDataSource (SqlDataSourceItem)
DataSourceKey:MyDataSource
Type:MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SqlDataSourceItem
Assembly:MicroFour StrataFrame Base, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7
Connection String:server=localhost;Integrated Security=SSPI;Database=MyDatabase;
Is Encrypted:Yes
Encryption Key:{ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 }
Encryption IV:{ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 }
Is Compressed:Yes
Transaction Timeout:1h 0m 0s
ProspectHelper_Master (SqlDataSourceItem)
DataSourceKey:ProspectHelper_Master
Type:MicroFour.StrataFrame.Data.SqlDataSourceItem
Assembly:MicroFour StrataFrame Base, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7
Connection String:server=TESTSERVER\SQLEXPRESS;User Id=xxxxxxx;password=xxxxxxx;Database=ProspectHelper;
Is Encrypted:Yes
Encryption Key:{ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4 }
Encryption IV:{ 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 }
Is Compressed:Yes
Transaction Timeout:1h 0m 0s
Recognized Client List
Unique Clients Connected1
Unique Client MAC Addresses:00-18-DE-92-76-59

Also, I setup the SMTP and here is the email error message I got back which makes no sense at all.

I have double check the MAC address to make sure it is correct. And the hostname is correct because I am able to view the status page from the client machine by adding the IP address to the web.config fiile.

Enterprise Server Error
Message:This server is not licensed to run on the requested hostname.
Client IP:173.122.220.75
Details:Exception
This server is not licensed to run on the requested hostname.

Source : MicroFour StrataFrame Enterprise Server

Stack Trace:
at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.RemoteDataSource.ᜀ(String A_0)
at MicroFour.StrataFrame.Enterprise.Server.RemoteDataSource.ProcessRequest(HttpContext context)

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
Hi Justin,

Any progress on getting my issue resolved?

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
Hi Dustin,

I am just checking today to see if any progress has been made on my issue. Please let me know what is going on Smile

Thanks,

Jeff

Dustin Taylor
Dustin Taylor
StrataFrame Team Member (484 reputation)
Hi Jeff,

Sorry for the delay here. Two things to check:

1) The IP that came accross when you activates was 127.0.0.1. You did attatch the license to your external network card, not one used for your internal netowrk, correct? In other words, your external IP to your website will be attached to one of your network cards. That is the network card that you need to attach the ES license to. I've freed up your activation in case this is hte issue. If it is, re-activate enterprise server, this time being sure to attach it to your external network card.

2) It is possible that it is pulling licensing informaiton from an incorrect MicroFour License.dll. You may check to ensure you don't have any extra copies of that .dll in the GAC or in another folder that the ES might be grabbing unexpectedly. If so, remove them, restart the website, and see if that alleviates the issue.

Thanks,

Dustin

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
Hi Dustin,

1) The IP that came accross when you activates was 127.0.0.1. You did attatch the license to your external network card, not one used for your internal netowrk, correct? In other words, your external IP to your website will be attached to one of your network cards. That is the network card that you need to attach the ES license to. I've freed up your activation in case this is hte issue. If it is, re-activate enterprise server, this time being sure to attach it to your external network card.

Now that you mention this.  My server does NOT have 2 nic cards, but I think my network admin put the server behind a proxy/firewall.  I do not know a whole lot about this stuff, but I think this may be distorting the MAC Address/IP Address references.  Is this a probable cause?  I will discuss this with my admin.

2) It is possible that it is pulling licensing informaiton from an incorrect MicroFour License.dll. You may check to ensure you don't have any extra copies of that .dll in the GAC or in another folder that the ES might be grabbing unexpectedly. If so, remove them, restart the website, and see if that alleviates the issue.

I did not find MicroFour License.dll listed in the GAC.  Therefore, this should not be a problem.

Thanks,

Jeff

Jeff Pagley
Jeff Pagley
Hi Dustin,

I've freed up your activation in case this is hte issue.  If it is, re-activate enterprise server, this time being sure to attach it to your external network card.

My licenses have not been reset as you said so I can re-activate it with the settings I now have for my test server.  I have move the test server outside of the firewall/proxy and gave it a new URL to eliminate any problems caused by them.  Please reset the licenses so I can update it with the new URL.  The MAC address is still the same.

Thanks,

Jeff

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...