Error while attempting to create package (event ID #1026)

Author
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,

I've got an error IndexOutOfRange during during the creation of a package.

what does it mean? what should I do?

Attachments
erreur_ddt.jpg (125 views, 197.00 KB)
Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, this looks to be happening in regards to your deployment data. If you build the package without including the deployment data, does the error persist? I am willing to bet, "no." In that case, you will want to take a closer look at your deployment data entries again and possible remove them and add them back one-by-one to see which was is the culprit. Most times when something like this happens, it is actually an issue at the time of gathering the data from the source.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
Hi Michel.

Have you changed the structure of a table that already had a Deployment Data package created?

Michel Levy
Michel Levy
StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)StrataFrame User (319 reputation)
Ivan,

yes, I've changed the structure of one table on SSMS (alter columns from integer to decimal), and wanted to check if I could do it with DDT. So I've done the same changes in DDT project.

Trent,

the error occurs on building the package, not on deployment. But having a look in my project, I can see that the indexes with more than 16 columns included  have been imported. As we know now that there is a problem here, that index is probably the culprit. I'll have a try without this index.

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
I know that it isn't happening on deployment. I was referring to Deployment Data. It failed when trying to package up the deployment data. Please confirm. Thanks.
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
Sorry for misunderstanding Blush

You are right: without deployment data, no error occurs

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
Cool Cool. So you might want to start working backwards to determine what deployment package item is causing the issue. Once isolated it will be far easier to diagnose as to what is going on.
Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (2.8K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
I would bet a million dollars the problem will be the table that you changed the structure of. Once I change the structure of a table that has a Deployment Data package, I delete that package and re-create the package.

OK, I've already started printing the money...

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
LOL...Ivan, print some for me!!!! BigGrin
Michel Levy
Michel Levy
Trent, Ivan

I'll try it tomorrow (8:45 PM here in France, Doze )

GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...