Installing Modified StartaFrame to 64 bit Windows Server 2008

Author
lastcanary
StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users

Hello,

My aim was to install my licenseon a Windows 2008 Server PC but when I couldnt manage it with my laptop I didntcontinue with it. When I managed to install it to my laptop I thought that Ican manage it with the Windows 2008 Server. I deactivated my license on mylaptop, installed StrataFrame to Windows 2008 Server and registered my modifiedStrataFrame dlls to GAC area using gacutil.

I didnt receive any error when Istart Visual Studio 2010 but when I run my application and when a class isbeing used by the program that was in the modified dll it gives an error. Ithink that this shows that the application is still using the originalStrataFrame dll that doesnt contain this class.

“Could not load type'MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.MyJoins' from assembly 'MicroFourStrataFrame Base, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7'.”

My 64 bit Windows 2008 Server is a Core2Quad CPU PC with 4 GB of RAM.

Could you please help me tosolve this problem?

Best Regards,

Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

We also have a modification to a piece of SF code (a bug fix actually).

When we get a SF update we change the SF code and recompile and we have never had a problem.

If possible I would try that approach, that is:

1) Install SF on  your server.

2) Modify the SF code as you did on your laptop.

3) Recompile SF.

Cheers, Peter
lastcanary
lastcanary
StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)StrataFrame User (149 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
I am sorry but it didnt work.

Nothing was changed. It is giving the same error:

“Could not load type'MicroFour.StrataFrame.UI.Windows.Forms.MyJoins' from assembly 'MicroFourStrataFrame Base, Version=1.7.0.0, Culture=neutral,PublicKeyToken=99fe9917f71608a7'.”

Please help

Ivan George Borges
Ivan George Borges
Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)Strategic Support Team Member (3.4K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame MVPs
You probably have an old DLL version somewhere else on your hard drive. Try doing a search on C:\ for "MicroFour StrataFrame UI.dll" and see if you find copies around. Get rid of the ones you don't need. I have even found copies that Visual Studio creates on its own under temp folders.
Edited 13 Years Ago by Ivan George Borges
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...