Error HRESULT E_FAIL and Index was outside the bounds of the array...

Author
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi Peter.

I am fairly sure I have already tried that and it did not work.

Now this morning, when I go into Vis Studio, I dont have  aproblem and all is working fine.... but this is what has been happening.... I may have  aproblem later today and then it may go away !!
Peter Jones
Peter Jones
StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)StrataFrame User (486 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
Hi,

I would try creating a new form with a new text box to see if that works as expected. If it does I would suspect the form is corrupt in some way. If practical, blow away the form and start over.

Cheers, Peter
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
This follows on from an earlier post but the erors are happening so frequentlt now it warrants a separate post.

When I go to amend a TextBox on a form , and specifically click on the fropDown Arrow to select the Bonding Filed from the list of Fields in a table,  it can inertmittently either be 1.OK     2.Get a HRESULT E_FAIL error   or   3. Get a Index was outside the bounds of the aaray.    If I manually type in the Filed name, I dont get an error and compile works fine.  I also get a series of error messages if I click on PopulationDataSource Settings on a Combo   , but for this thread easier to concentrate on the textBox errors.

I have done a complete Re-insatll of Visual Studio, Dot Net 2 and SFrame (at least twice) and although it appeared to be ok for a period of time, there does not seem to be any consistency.   This is extremelt frustrating as my whole development is at a standstill.  As faras I can see, these problems only seem to be a problem on controls that are related to Business Objects. (I have also recompiled all my Business Objects)

The following is an example of what has been happening:

10.30am
Go into Visual Studio.    Open up a Project.    Click on Proerties of a TextBox linked to a BO.   Click on the Down Arrow  ---> Error Hresult E_FAIL has been returned....
Closed down Visual Studio.  Went back Into Visual studio.   Recompiled ny Busimness Objects DLL.  Opend up My Form
When I try to amdn the textBox Binding Field ---> Index was outside the bounds of the array

10.50am
Go into Visual Studio.    Open up a Project.    Click on Proerties of a TextBox linked to a BO.   Click on the Down Arrow  ---> HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call....

Closed down Visual Studio.  Went back Into Visual studio.   Recompiled ny Busimness Objects DLL.  Opend up My Form
When I try to amend the textBox Binding Field ---> Everything OK

Closed down Visual Studio.  Went back Into Visual studio.   Opend up My Form
When I try to amend the textBox Binding Field ---> HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call....

Any ideas at what might be the root cause of this would be appreciated as I am at a complete standstill. I dont think reinsatlling Vis Studio, Dot Net, Sframe can be the answer as it took me half a day to do this (twice) and the problem has resurfaced again.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...