right side panel in browse dialog hidden on load

Author
Govinda Berrio
StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hello,

I think I might have found an issue.
I want to create a browse dialog with a large number of possible filters. So my solution was to setup the layout of the browse dialog with 2 vertical panels. The left side showing the filters (search fields), and the right side showing the results. But when the dialog comes up the right side panel is hidden. I have to click the Hide Results button to show it. After performing a search, the results also disappear.

I have a sample project that illustrates this, but I don't know where to upload it.

Please let me know if this is actually an issue or if the configuration is wrong.

Thank You,
Govinda
Edited 13 Years Ago by Govinda Berrio
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Govinda Berrio (6/27/2011)
I have a sample project that illustrates this, but I don't know where to upload it.

You can upload it to the forum using the "Attach File" link in the toolbar.

Edhy Rijo

Govinda Berrio
Govinda Berrio
StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)StrataFrame User (204 reputation)
Thanks Edhy!

Here's the sample project that produces the issue I'm having.
The Datasource should point to a StataFrameSample database.

Govinda
Attachments
BrowseDialogIssue.zip (194 views, 84.00 KB)
Edited 13 Years Ago by Govinda Berrio
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Hi Govinda,

I tested your sample and confirm your findings.  Looks like this is a bug, I could not make it work by playing with the layout properties at run-time.

Hopefully the SF team can take a deeper look at this on the source code and come up with a workaround or a fix.

Edhy Rijo

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
so this still bug exists. Any chance it will be fixed? or is there a workaround? I have the same exact issue as original poster 6 years ago.

Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (1.2K reputation)
works if you put results left Smile Which I can deal with

Keith Chisarik
StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Good to know.  I was just starting to look at this.
Edhy Rijo
E
Hi Keith,
Wow, glad you make it work.  I am not using the BrowseDialog for a long time, since I am using more and more DevExpress controls, I designed my own custom search with their grid which provides a lot of functionality out of the box for the end user to customize and filter the results.

Edhy Rijo

StrataFrame Team
S
StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (3.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Well, yep.  The True/False were completely swapped in the BrowseDialogWindow.ShowResultsPanel() method when the SidePanelContents were BrowseResults.  

Keith, do you build your own source, or do you need me to give you a build?
Keith Chisarik
Keith Chisarik
Sorry I missed your reply. Ill get the update in the next release. I made something work for now.

Thanks for fixing it.

Keith Chisarik
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...