ExcelHelper questions

Author
Alex Luyando
StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)StrataFrame User (208 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi all -

Starting to work with the ExcelHelper to export to (and eventually import from) Excel-formatted files. So far it's a glass half full/half empty situation for me--literally! I've setup a generic user control to use on my StrataFrame forms to provide export and other capabilities, and eight out of sixteen BOs are successfully exported. Smile Of course that means eight out of sixteen are not! Sad

The errors I'm seeing are:
  1. Specified cast is not valid.
  2. Syntax error in INSERT INTO statement. 
  3. The field is too small to accept the amount of data you attempted to add. Try inserting or pasting less data.
I'm getting the idea this is a semi-fragile feature, and perhaps that's why there's so few postings about it?

My questions/cries for help include:

1. I was looking to trace into the ExcelHelper to determine the exact BO row/column that it finds offensive, but don't see the code... How do I get it? I have the StrataFrame source code and have traced into it on occasion; is this a separate distribution or not distributed?
  2. Looked in the StrataFrame help, but only see basic info there; nothing I could use to help troubleshoot this. Any place to get help on this?
  3. I plan on using it for Importing, but don't see anything that talks to requirements of the in-coming Excel file, etc. 

Any help that you all can throw my way is much appreciated!

TIA

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...