Browse Dialog Results Grid

Author
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi All.

I had a request this morning and was just wondering how hard this would be to implement Smile What would I need to do to make the Browse Dialog's results grid configurable by the user. You know - give them a way to pick which field to include.

TIA

-- Marcia
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (4.5K reputation)
Hi Marcia,

I have not done that, but I guess you may be able to do it since the Browser Dialog is basically data driven.  What I have done is subclass browse dialogs to allow me to use the same class with different options, but they are pre-coded, so if you know what possible columns they may use, you can give them 2 or 3 version of the same subclassed browser dialog.

Edhy Rijo

Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)StrataFrame User (492 reputation)
Edhy Rijo (11/2/2011)
I have not done that, but I guess you may be able to do it since the Browser Dialog is basically data driven.  What I have done is subclass browse dialogs to allow me to use the same class with different options, but they are pre-coded, so if you know what possible columns they may use, you can give them 2 or 3 version of the same subclassed browser dialog.

Hi Edhy.

The request that I had was for the display results to be configurable by the user. I would guess that that is not such an easy task Smile
Ger Cannoll
Ger Cannoll
Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)Advanced StrataFrame User (628 reputation)
Hi Marcia.

I have not done this with the Browsids Dialog, but have done it with the Devexpress Grid, whcih behaves well with the SF BBS. All my grids are 'Data Driven' in that the Fields, Sequence, Headings etc are taken from a Data Table.  Also with the Devexpress Grid, you can 'Save' the settings to an XML file (by user) and then restore them on say the load of the grid (Hav not done this myself yet thouugh), with just one or two lines of code

Regards,

Gerard
Marcia G Akins
Marcia G Akins
Gerard O Carroll (11/2/2011)
I have not done this with the Browsids Dialog, but have done it with the Devexpress Grid, whcih behaves well with the SF BBS. All my grids are 'Data Driven' in that the Fields, Sequence, Headings etc are taken from a Data Table.  Also with the Devexpress Grid, you can 'Save' the settings to an XML file (by user) and then restore them on say the load of the grid (Hav not done this myself yet thouugh), with just one or two lines of code

Hi Gerard.

Thanks for the information. As it so happens, I am waiting on a DevExpress license. I will check out the code in the BrowseDialog class to see what I need to do to create a subclass that does what I want.

Thanks.
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...