export data to dbf format

Author
Diu King,Tiong
StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)
Group: Forum Members
hi all,

im using vb.net with the database sql server 2008. what should i need to do if i try to export data to dbf format from my dataset.

Please advice and thanks
Edhy Rijo
E
StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)StrataFrame VIP (3.7K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi,
What I have done before is create a BO with a VFP connection to the dbf table, then in your application you can add the data to the VFP BO and then save it, of course you will have to know the dbf table structure ahead of time and also have a connection to that table, you will also need the VFPOLE drivers.

Edhy Rijo

Trent Taylor
Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Edhy is right, you will definitely need to use some type of OLEDB provider to create the export.  Below is an article showing how to do this.

http://asp.net.bigresource.com/ADO-NET-Export-from-datatable-to-dbf-file-ehEtc3WyX.html
Diu King,Tiong
Diu King,Tiong
StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)StrataFrame Novice (59 reputation)
Thanks and appreciate Edhy and Trent for your guys replied.
Btw Trent, i use the OLEDB provider to create the export but when i create the field with numeric(5,2) and the exported dbf giving me the field numeric(20,4).
How can i solving it?
Alex Luyando
Alex Luyando
StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)StrataFrame User (184 reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Users
Hi all. 

FWIW, I do this in the opposite direction: I have users who perform research and store their findings in DBFs as a sort of staging area. When they are ready to actually persist these records to the official database (SQL server), I fill a StrataFrame business object that's sourced by the DBFs, and copy the data to BOs that are tied to the appropriate SQL server tables and SAVE(). Works very nicely. 

Trent Taylor
StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)StrataFrame Developer (8.5K reputation)
Group: StrataFrame Developers
Tiong,

Man, off the top of my head, I have no idea what is going on here.  I would have to know a lot more about your code and what is going on in your environment, logic, etc.  But I know this, that if you are dealing with DBF tables, and the OLEDB provider, there is always a little "wonkiness."  When we were writing our conversion tools from VFP to SQL, we had a number of situations like this.  And each time we would just setup a small scale test.  We had a Frankenstein test dialog that we lived on while trying to work through VFP related weirdness.  Generally by scaling it down in a test environment where would could make quick changes and try things quickly, we were able to isolate the issue and create a workaround.  This would be my suggestion to you.  Hope this helps a little.
Edited 13 Years Ago by Trent L. Taylor
Diu King,Tiong
Diu King,Tiong
Hi Trent,

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/3551918/numeric-field-width-in-dbf-file-inconsistent-when-created-with-oledb-net
above link is my actual problem.
Some website told there is the oledbconnection limitation

regards
GO

Merge Selected

Merge into selected topic...

Merge into merge target...

Merge into a specific topic ID...